With over 30 years as a locally, family owned downtown child care center, we pride ourselves in our creative, interactive, play centered learning, our nurturing loving teachers and our low turn over rates. We eat healthy foods, spend lots of time outdoors and take advantage of our neighborhood location. After looking around here, give us a call to set up a tour. We would love to meet your family!
For our current families:
SUMMER CAMP 2013 INFO IS HERE!
Check out the schedules and information materials here:
KinderCamp 2013 Reg Packet
FunCamp 2013 Reg Packet
TeenCamp 2013 Reg Packet
Then REGISTER HERE!:
YPLC Summer Camp Registration!
This is a brand new service, so let us know if you have questions or problems. You may also download, print and get us your registration forms on paper, but we are hoping that most parents will be able to use this great new system this year!
Young Peoples Learning Center is an all day preschool and child care center. We provide early childhood education, day care services, before and after school programming and summer camps for children ages one year through fifteen years old. We are deeply committed to the Fort Collins and Milliken communities and our downtown and old town neighborhoods. We have posted information all over this website to help you understand all that we do, but we would love to hear from you if you want more information! Here are some highlights:
- We work with many organizations in the Early Childhood industry to be sure we always remain experts on current early education trends.
- Our executive director, Heather Griffith, writes a monthly column for the Fort Collins Coloradoan Newspaper.
- We work with the Larimer and Weld County Colorado Child Care Assistance Programs.
- We sit on the board of the Early Childhood Council of Larimer County and are members of the Early Childhood Education Association of Colorado.
- Our programs are Qualistar rated and have classroom coaches who are Early Childhood professionals with years of experience in child care and preschool programs.
- Our preschool teachers are committed to their work with children and are an integral part of why we can provide such high quality care and education for young children.
- We have been using the industry standard in assessment tools for Preschool/Early Childhood Education/Child Care/Day Care – Teaching Strategies Gold to make sure that all our fun play-based curriculum is intentional in teaching preschoolers what they need to know to be ready for kindergarten.
- Our summer camp programs are more active than any other camps around. We also provide camp days on school-out days when Poudre R1 or KQA are closed.
- Teenagers get camp programs just for them!
- Camp days can include rock climbing, movies, swimming, golf, park games, camping, lake trips, roller skating, bowling, Eliches, Water World and much more – check out the camp pages and schedules for more specifics!